Monday, January 31, 2011

Dylan Maras

photographic diptych
The photographic diptych that I choose is of two images in the same area with a brick wall as the background. The subject matter along with the black & white vs colored photograph look is the difference between the photographs. I like how the artist used the black & white photograph with the male giving him more of an emotional look. The male has his head pointed down also giving the impression of a stress emotional look. The female photograph on the other hand is a more cheerful elegant look. The color of the photograph gives the image more composition because your eye is attracted to the nice vibrant colors, other than the male photograph which he is placed in the center and you tend to only be drawn to him. The color photograph also gives u more depth, as the black & white photo appears to be more flat. Overall I like the idea, and it is visually appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment